A complete Checklist for traveling with a baby
New traveler with his new boarding pass. Literally parents are excited to travel with a new member of their family. Before that, you need a checklist for traveling with a baby.
The excitement in the air as the newborn just got his passport issued and the baby’s all set to travel. But as a parent, we have some skepticism as we plan to travel with a baby. As a parent, we also started seeking answers to questions that would help you prepare for your next trip with a new travel buddy.
I have shared a checklist for traveling with a baby from my experience of traveling to Vietnam a few years ago as the newborn embarks on adventures beyond boundaries.
As a new parent, it’s a big question about what to bring while traveling with a baby? What kind of stuff I need to put on my checklist for traveling with a baby.
We are planning to go for a long-awaited vacation in Vietnam along with our kids. Traveling with kids, it’s a hectic experience for parents. It might be worse if you didn’t do research about your destination countries weather, climate, infrastructure, safety, food, and water, etc.
Of course, you need little research and think before checking the immigration. If you are planning to visit third world countries you should make an appointment with the Passport health office in your city along with your immunization record. They will suggest to you if you need any immunization. Remember health is wealth.
Let me figure out a checklist for traveling with a baby
First of all, you need a carry-on bag make sure it is not too heavy. Let’s check the traveling cheat sheet for her carry-on bag. And, here we will figure out more important stuff you need for the entire journey with your baby.
Diaper Bag – Is one of the most essential things for you. There are huge options in the market which can sometimes make you confused. So, you should choose something with good quality, different compartments, and sustainable. With different compartments in the diaper bag, it is easy to find out your desire stuff.
What to pack for baby in the diaper bag
- Wet wipes one box
- Diaper at least for two days. Because you need one diaper for every hour of travel . who knows your flight might be delay or transit hour might be lengthy or flight may cancel. So, we should always ready for unexpected circumstances. Because you need one diaper for every hour of travel
- A Changing Pad– Now you can think oh we can found a changing station everywhere in the airport and on the plane. Yes, you can but are those hygiene for your baby?
- At least two bibs-will suggest silicone bibs easy to clean.
- His or her favorite toys- Long plane journey may be boring for them. Better take some of their favorite toys to keep them quiet in the entire plane journey.
- Baby blanket-I always prefer to bring their own blanket.
- Baby formula milk-If your child not getting enough breast milk then you need to carry formula milk.
- Few baby clothes in case if he or she wet their clothes or spits up.
- Noise-canceling headphone for baby. The horrible situation might be created because of air pressure. During taking off and landing air pain is a common issue for the baby even adults too.
- Hand sanitization
- Take your camera, cell phone, charger for both
Checklist for traveling with a baby in a suitcase
Keep trying to choose lightweight stuff during travel otherwise you have to pay for extra weight charge.
- Lots of diapers (Because you need one diaper for every hour of travel) and wipes
- Baby wash- I always prefer Aveeno Products for my baby. Aveeno baby wash is tear-free and will keep your babies’ skin soft and smooth.
- Baby lotion- Using baby Aveeno lotion for my both kids, no complaints yet. Choosing the best baby care products for babies may reduce your stress.
- Baby Primary medicine- like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Dark honey coughing syrup.
- Nasal Aspirator- If your baby feels stuffy nose and kids don’t know how to remove mucus. So, the nasal Aspirator can help to remove mucus by vacuum.
- Water purifier tablet, UV water purifier machine- One of the most vital things you need to pack in the baby’s suitcase. Water is a very sensitive issue for babies. During travel no need to take any risk. There are lots of water purifier tablets and machines you can find in the market.
- Pediatricians contact information
- Lightweight stroller- During travel stroller is mandatory for your baby. They might not feel comfortable in your lap. And you cannot walk easily.
- Car seat- safety is first. For the baby’s security, you have to carry the car seat. Make sure the car seat installed properly. Then your baby will safe if anything happens unexpected accident.
- Baby socks-Keep your baby’s feet always warm. You should take extra socks for them.
- Stool softener glycerin or prune juice-ATTENTION before applying any kind of medicine please read the instructions carefully. And don’t apply any medications without his or her pediatrician’s concern. If you see babies poop not regular you can apply glycerine you can found it in Walmart or amazon too. Prune juice you can feed as per their age.
- Thermometer- Due to changing the weather you might get some temperature which is not normal. So always keep Thermometer while traveling with a baby.
- Mosquito repellent Spray– for baby and adult too- Deet free mosquito repellent will keep you and your baby safe and sound. Kids love to play outside with friends. Before going to the playground you can apply mosquito repellent or insect repellent spray.
Inflatable bath tab-It is easy to carry in your luggage. Kids are literally upset whenever they saw new territory. If you want to see your baby happy during the shower, the inflatable bath tab will release you.
- Dry food-Sometimes changing time and environment kids can be lost their appetite. In that case, if you can be brought some dry food of course with nutrition.
The Pros of checklist for traveling with a baby-
- Your entire journey will be worry-free. Since you packed baby’s medication(first Aid), enough clothes, baby skincare products, the car seat, and others as we mentioned above.
- During travel, no more extra hassle to find baby products, baby quality products not available in everywhere.
- It is very easy to travel with baby, especially if your baby under two years old plane fair is free.
The Cons of checklist for traveling with a baby-
- I am not saying traveling with a baby is not a bed of roses. You have to bring lots of stuff with you. Sometimes we have to pay an extra weight charge.
- It is inconvenient sometimes when its time to change baby nappy.
We are traveling with our newborn when he was two months old. Lots of unexpected circumstances we faced. That’s why trying to share it with you. Last but not least still we are traveling and making a memory with our precious.